In this document, us, we and our refers to BLK International Pty Ltd (ACN 616 696 242).
We understand the importance you place on your personal information, and we are committed to using your personal information fairly.
We are bound by the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (Privacy Act), including the Australian Privacy Principles (APPs).
This policy sets out how we manage your personal information.
Please note, however, acts done or practices engaged in by us which are directly related to:
- a current or former employment relationship between you and us; and
We may collect and hold personal information:
- that is reasonably necessary for, or directly related to, one or more of our services or activities (including our supply of goods);
- as required or permitted by law (eg where a “permitted general situation” exists for the purposes of the Privacy Act).
The personal information we collect and hold about you will depend on your interaction with us. Generally, the sort of personal information we may collect and hold about you includes your name, date of birth, gender, email address, credit card or other payment details, purchasing history, and other information relevant to providing you with goods or services you or your authorised representatives may seek from us.
Personal information will generally be collected by us directly from you through the use of our online services (including our website), by email and other written communications, and during telephone and other conversations. There may be, however, some instances where personal information about you will be collected indirectly, for example from a third party or a publicly available source, because it is unreasonable or impractical for us to collect the personal information directly from you. We will usually notify you about these instances in advance, or where that is not possible, as soon as reasonably practicable after the information has been collected.
Generally, we will collect and hold your personal information for the purpose of:
- providing online services, such as our website, for your use;
- providing information, goods or services you request;
- providing you with information about goods or services we supply you;
- facilitating our internal business operations, including complying with our legal obligations;
- analysing our goods and services and customer needs and preferences with a view to developing new or improved goods and services;
- contacting you to seek feedback and/or a testimonial for us;
- contacting you in the case of an emergency;
- providing you with information about other goods and services that we, or our related body corporates or business associates, offer from time to time (Marketing Purposes); and
- as required or permitted by law.
If the personal information you provide to us is incomplete or inaccurate, we may be unable to provide you or your authorised representatives with information, goods or services you, or they, are seeking, we may be unable to process any order concerning you or provide you with information about your order, and we may suspend, terminate or delete your account with us (if you have one) in accordance with our Website Use Terms.
We may store personal information in different ways, including in hard copy and in electronic form. The security of your personal information is important to us, and we take all reasonable steps, including implementation of physical and electronic security measures, to ensure that personal information we hold is stored safely and to protect it from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure, and from misuse or loss. Please note though that, unfortunately, no security measures can be guaranteed to be effective in all circumstances.
Use and disclosure
Generally, we only use or disclose personal information about you for the purposes for which it was collected (as set out above). However, we may disclose personal information about you to:
- service providers who assist us in operating our online services, including our website, or any other aspect of our business;
- suppliers and service providers who assist us in the production or delivery of goods or services you request;
- any team, club or other organisation with which you are associated, to the extent relevant to goods and services we supply;
- a purchaser of the assets and operations of our business, providing those assets and operations are purchased as a going concern; and
- our related entities and our independent distributors.
We may disclose your personal information to recipients outside Australia. In particular, we are likely to disclose your personal information to manufacturers and professionals who assist in the design, production and delivery of goods located in China, India, Fiji, Timor Leste and the Philippines.
If you do not wish to receive marketing material from us you can opt out at any time. To opt out, contact our privacy officer using the contact details below. Alternatively, marketing material you receive may include information about how to opt out of receiving similar material in future. If you opt out, please allow a reasonable time for your preference to be implemented.
Additional information about collection and use of information by online services
If you access our website or other online services, we may collect additional personal information about you, including your internet protocol (IP) address (ie the numerical address for your computer on the internet) and the domain name you use (ie the textual internet reference associated with your IP address). Please note that information may be provided to us without your knowledge by the device or software you use when you access or use our website or other services.
Cookies usually do not identify you personally, but they may link back to a database record about you. For example, if you create an account on our website, your cookie will be linked back to your personal information in your account.
Warning about links to other websites and online services
You may seek access to personal information we holds about you by making a written request. We will endeavour to acknowledge your request within five business days of receipt, and to provide you with access to the information requested within 25 business days.
We may charge you a reasonable fee for processing your request. You will be advised about any applicable fee once we have reviewed your request but before we process your request.
We may decline a request for access to personal information in some circumstances, including if:
- providing access would have an unreasonable impact upon the privacy of other individuals;
- providing access would pose a serious threat to the life or health of an individual;
- the information relates to existing or anticipated legal proceedings between you and us, and the information would not be accessible by the legal process of discovery (sometimes known as disclosure) in those proceedings;
- providing access would be likely to prejudice an investigation of possible unlawful activity;
- providing access would be likely to prejudice the activities of enforcement bodies.
- providing access would reveal information about a commercially sensitive decision-making process;
- providing access would be unlawful;
- denying access is required or authorised by law; or
- the request for access is frivolous or vexatious.
If you believe any personal information we hold about you is inaccurate, incomplete or out-of-date, please notify us immediately. We will take reasonable steps to correct the information so that it is accurate, complete and up-to-date.
If we disagree with you about whether your personal information is inaccurate, incomplete, or out-of-date, and you ask us to associate your statement that your personal information is inaccurate, incomplete, or out of date, with your personal information that we hold, we will take reasonable steps to do so.
Feedback, questions and complaints
Our website: www.blksport.com/contact
Post: 58 Kingston Drive, Helensvale QLD 4212
Telephone: +61 7 5635 1900
Complaints we receive will be notified to one or more of our company directors and investigated by our Privacy Officer. We respect your right to make a complaint if you believe your personal information has not been dealt with appropriately, and to the extent reasonably possible we will deal with your complaint confidentially. However, we may disclose your identity in connection with your complaint to the extent we reasonably consider that is necessary for the purpose of investigating or otherwise dealing with your complaint, where required or permitted by law, and where we consider it reasonably necessary or appropriate to do so to respond to public statements you make about us.
If you contact us in relation to your personal information and believe that we have not resolved your request appropriately, you may be able to apply to the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner to have your complaint heard and determined.
More information about your privacy
For more information about privacy in general, you can visit the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner’s website at https://www.oaic.gov.au/.